We can’t wait to open our doors Monday! We can’t wait to see your smiling faces on the way in, and your sweaty faces on the way out. 😉 We’re looking forward to navigating through this time with you and helping you add some normalcy back into your lives.
Check out our reopening guidelines before you head in. https://townplacefitnessgym.com/reopening/
Here are our 5 Top Tips for Getting BACK AT IT!
- Never Miss a Monday, I mean… a Warm-Up! Be honest, how many times have you rushed in and got right to the work? We know it happens and understand that we’re all really busy but we encourage you to spend a little extra time here. Constantly underestimating a good warm-up can lead to potential injury, and we definitely don’t have time for that right now (or ever!).
- Start Lighter & Slower. We know you’re eager to get back at it but depending on what you’ve done during this short hiatus your heart and body might not be there yet. Remind, yourself that it’s ok and perfectly normal to lift weights that are a little lighter than what you were use to. Try starting off a little slower on the cardio equipment and don’t hesitate to keep the impact low to start. Don’t worry though, muscle memory is a beautiful thing and after a few short weeks of taking it slightly lighter and slower you’ll be back to where you left off in no time!
- Listen to Your Body. As much as we miss you, believe it or not we don’t expect to see you every day. Be sure to listen to what your body is telling you after your first day or two back. Really sore or tired? Consider a nice, long walk on the treadmill. We want you back but more importantly we want you feeling good!
- Set New Goals. I think we can all agree that quite a bit has changed since the start of the New Year. Ok, A LOT has changed! So, maybe it’s time to revisit what’s important to you, and write it down. Don’t forget to be S.M.A.R.T about it though! Click here to read more on how to set S.M.A.R.T. health and fitness goals that will stick.
- Ask for Help! Our worlds have been shook! Some more than others and now more than ever we should lean on one another (not physically, of course!) but, literally! We’re here for you, and want to help! Whether you’d like some guidance, or need some accountability, the staff at Town Place Fitness are all looking forward to helping you get back to feeling your best! Reach out to us at email@example.com, with any questions you may have.
We hope these tips will help you get BACK AT IT with some comfort, confidence and excitement!